Fell in Love with Words



Lately, I have been addicted to reading short poems and quotations found on Instagram.  I don't care what the subject might be- love, life, motivation- I enjoy reading them.

One night, I stumbled upon an Instagram account, atticuspoetry.

His bio:

"I write words, poems, epigrams. It's how the world makes sense to me."
-atticuspoetry

I checked his posts, then...





...it was at that night, I knew I have fallen in love with his works.




She always loved the things
that the rest of the world forgot,
snails and slugs and the broken flowers.
I think that's why she loved me,
I was another broken thing, 
that the world had left behind.

-Atticus


Trust no kings
kings put girls in towers
trust your wings
for girls with wings
will soar past kings
as they watch up from the towers.

- Atticus



i used to believe in luck
i used to pray on every clock
pick up every penny
and avoid black cats
and then one day
my dreams didn't happen
and i decided that i had enough of luck
and so i went on
lucky or not
and stopped living in fear
because i knew
that no matter what i faced
i could defeat it
i would win
and that's the day i got lucky

-Atticus


Forgive me,
if I stumble and fall
for I know not how
to love too well.

I am clumsy
and my words
do not form as I wish

So let me kiss you instead,

and let my lips,
paint for you,
all the pictures,
that my clumsy heart
cannot

-Atticus


Atticus may have a few words written on every post.  However I find these words powerful. You could feel how genuine and raw it is, which I believe is what makes it even more beautiful.  During bad days, I read his works and then I'll be reminded again that there is always something beautiful in this world.  I know, I know, super cliche.

But, thank you Atticus.

Xx,
JIL